And we are now here to discuss the second part of the gender equality report presented by us. And here we go!
Want more about the gender equality presented on the website? You may download this presentation.
PRESENTATION, ANALYSIS, AND INTERPRETATION OF DATA
This table shows the analysis and the presention of data based from the findings of this study.
Gender Equality Issues
|In your experience, do you feel that men and women were treated equally in Sorosoro Ibaba Development Cooperative?||27||3|
|Did you feel that the cooperative has a culture related to the treatment of both genders?||25||5|
|Are there times when you feel that you were not assisted because of your gender?||2||28|
|Are you happy in solving the issue?||6||24|
|Do these questions have forgotten to include other gender equality issues?||0||30|
Table 1 shows the questions that rose about the issue. It can be expressed in this table that all answered that the questionnaire never forgot to include other issues. The first question supports that argument, amounting to 27 of the respondents. This shows that the cooperative works its best to promote gender equality in the workplace.
Ways of Solving Issues
|How will you solve the issue?||Percentage|
|I will talk to the persons involved in this issue.||6||20%|
|I will report this to our informal harassment advisor.||5||17%|
|I will report this to the representative of trade union.||4||13%|
|I will report this issue to the head of the department/leaders||10||33%|
|I will report this issue to the HR (Human Resource) Services.||5||17%|
This table shows how they will report the case if discriminations happen. It can be gleaned in the table that many of the respondents want to report the issue to the higher authorities. In addition, question no. 3 got the lowest number of respondents. This signifies that trade unions have played a little role in gender equality programs. Aside from that, leaders of the cooperative, who are working hard to establish a relationship among its employers can hear and see the needs of the latter, thereby enforcing the laws beneficial to all.
Category of the Respondents
This table shows the demographic status of the respondents. In the table, the research category comprised few of the 30 interviewees, while in the clerical category they constitute 1/3 of the persons asked. It can be deduced that those in the clerical department may have a big effect on the management of gender equality programs by publishing printed materials about gender equality.
SUMARY, CONCLUSION, AND RECOMMENDATIONS
Gender equality is one of the rights endowed by God. Through the long history of struggling for the equality of the genders, women strove hard to be equal with men. Many women became well-known in history due to their advocacy. Many endorsed the cause through peaceful means, such as Mary Wollstonecraft. Others have done it through violent means, such as those of Emmeline Pankhurst. Decades later, many countries endorsed it, especially the United Nations through laws and decrees. At present, gender equality influences the Islamic world, although many Islamic countries were ruled by men.
Gender equality also seeks to protect women against discrimination. It also helps in developing the economies of the poorer nations, because if women were also included in the workforce of a country, the latter’s economic growth may increase. Gender equality is also embodied in one of the UN’s Millennium Development Goals. In line with this advocacy, the government of the Philippines enacted some laws that focuses on women empowerment.
It can be concluded that:
- Gender equality, if properly implemented, is essential to the nation.
- Gender equality contributes well to the progress of a nation.
- United Nations must assess its own strengths and weaknesses in realizing its Millennium Development Goals.
After explaining the topic, the writers would like to recommend the following:
- Authorities should be strict in enforcing gender equality programs.
- Persons concerned should be educated about this program.
- Agencies focusing on this program must cooperate with each other to make it successful.
- Companies should observe fairness when it comes to gender treatment.
- The government should create and define laws about this program.
- Gender equality must be integrated in some subject/s like Values Education and MAPEH
- Funk and Wagnalls New Encyclopedia,Volume 27. U.S.A.: Funk and Wagnalls Corp., 1993. 368-75, 376-78
- “The Women’s Movement” The Guiness Encyclopedia.Britain: Guiness Publishing Ltd. 1990. 292-93
- The Grolier Children’s Encyclopedia, Volume 10. London, Britain: Kingfisher Publications, Plc., 2000. 460-61
- Ang Aklat para sa Babaeng Muslim.Zulfi, Saudi Arabia: F.G.O. 6-8
- Viloria, Evelina M., et. al. Asya: Tungo sa Pag-unlad. Quezon City: Vibal Publishing House, Inc., 2007. 154-56
- Oliveros, Reynaldo,et. al. Ang Kasysayan at Pamahalaan ng Pilipinas. Sta. Mesa, Manila: IBON Foundation, Inc., 2004. 83, 93, 119.
Website designed and created by: Jeffrey.