NAIKASAL na sina Anton at Andrea. Therefore, congrats sa dalawa! Marami ang naiyak at kinilig sa naging kasal nila. Pero mas naghari ang saya hanggang sa reception, kahit na si Lucas lang ang umiyak sa araw na ito.
Mukhang haharangan ni Grace ang kasal nilang dalawa. Pero mabuti na lamang at natanto na niya ang katotohanan. Alam na niya na wala na siyang magagawa dahil pinagbuklod na ang TonDeng ng Diyos.
Kung matatandaan, nilapitan ni Tony Noble si Andeng para kumbinsihin na pirmahan ang prenup. Iniisip na ni Andrea kung ano ang dapat niyang gawin. At dahil dito, nilapitan ka ni Andeng. Gusto niyang malaman kung ano ang dapat niyang gawin para hindi maapektuhan ang mga bata. Ngayon eh tuwang-tuwa ka pa habang kausap sila. Kilig-kilig ka pa diyan eh. Ano naman ang gagawin mo? Solve this problem using all the concepts that you have learned in Taxation:
Determine the following if the properties mentioned are exclusive or common properties of the spouses:
- Savings account in Banco Filipino, a closed bank, opened account before marriage, P250,000.
- Condominium unit in Rada St., Makati City with a total value of P2,140,000. This was purchased during their marriage.
- House and lot in Dasmarinas Village given by his father, Tony Noble, as a gift to the couple during their marriage, P1,728,000.
- Shares of stocks in Celba Corp. as a major shareholder, P1,562,000.
- Family home where Chloe, Kitty, and Lucas resides, P1,631,000.
- Engagement ring given to her by Anton, P11,200.
- A tract of land given by her mother, located in Batangas, P2,215,000.
- House and lot in an exclusive subdivision in Quezon City, P2,416,800.
- Condominium unit she purchased in Manila Southwoods after their reception, P840,000.
- A 2006 model of Mitsubishi Montero she acquired with her salary as events coordinator of The Good Juans Events Center. This was bought after their marriage. Amount purchased was P1,340,000.
- Classify these properties as exclusive or common properties of the spouses under (a) conjugal partnership of gains and (b) absolute community of properties. Follow this format:
Grace had asked Andrea to sign a prenuptial agreement, stating that she has concern only for the kids. She had implied that in case Anton and Andrea had married, and afterwards they separated again, Anton’s children will lose their share of the properties.
As Anton and Andrea’s financial consultant, will you advise Andrea to sign the prenuptial agreement? Why or why not?
Taxation Problem prepared by: TweetNewscaster
Featured Image Credit: Anton and Andeng. Photo from A Love to Last Official Page