For our cooking series with the author, we will cook another exotic dish: the Marinated Peanuts. This is a direct translation of our previous article, but this we will do for those who only understand English.
While this might be new to our ears, we will try to make the most out of it. Let’s prepare the ingredients:
- Peanuts. Any kind of peanuts will do. As this is supposedly rich in protein, this might be used as meat substitutes.
- Soy sauce.
- Vinegar. Any kind of vinegar will do. For sourer taste, consider using apple cider.
- Mortar and pestle. There we will crush peanuts.
- Garlic, diced. Make sure not to use garlic toasts.
- Onions, diced also. This has been the perpetual companion of garlic in sauteing.
- Water. Any kind of water will do.
- Salt and pepper.
Let’s start cooking!
- Crush peanuts in mortar and pestle. Make sure not to pulverize thoroughly.
- In a pan, saute garlic and onions. Mix till it becomes golden brown.
- Put crushed peanuts, and “fry” till it be cooked. Afterwards, place water, vinegar, soy sauce, salt, and pepper.
- Bring to a boil for five minutes, and sprinkle ingredients to taste. The Marinated Peanuts Recipe is now ready to be served.
Thank you very much for being with us in this recipe series. Hope you might find these exotic recipes as interesting. Enjoy your meal, and happy cooking! 🙂