Many of us have been intrigued by the secret formula of Krabby Patty, the most-sought recipe in Krusty Krabs. Would anyone dare to open the recipe inside the bottle? Fortunately, Spongebob shares to us this wonderful secret to the tasty dish.
I deem this recipe as fairly simple, and can be cooked right at your home. We are going to divulge this for our benefit, for you to taste it also. But don’t show this to Plankton! This is strictly confidential, and it is for our eyes only. Now, how do we cook it?
- Buns. This is a very important part in any patty recipe.
- Cheese. Any kind of solid cheese will do.
- Cooking oil.
- Crab meat. This can be obtained by deboning several crabs. Otherwise, you may use lobsters, fish, chicken, or beef as substitutes.
- Eggs. We’ll use these to bind the crab meat.
- Flour. We’ll use these to coat the patty mixture. Breadcrumbs may be used as substitute.
- Ketchup. Please use one made from tomatoes, not from bananas.
- Pepper, to taste.
- Pickles. We’ll add this due to an unfortunate incident. It can be recalled that Spongebob got humiliated because of this missing stuff.
- Salt, to taste.
- Tomatoes. Preferred choices are on red, ripe ones.
Let’s start cooking!
- Combine one egg for every kilo of crab meat in a container. Observe this proportion regardless of crab meat that you have.
- Season the mixture with salt, pepper, and other flavorings of your choice.
- Upon combining these ingredients, form it into disk-shaped patties that you know. Coat it with flour or breadcrumbs.
- In a pan, place a moderate amount of oil. When it starts to emit smoke, fry the patties for five minutes or until golden brown.
- In a steamer, place the lettuce, onions, and tomatoes, and steam for five to ten minutes. The heat will be sufficient to cook these without frying. Otherwise, you may serve them fresh.
- (Optional) Place buns in a microwave oven for two minutes under low heat. Remove burnt areas if there’s any.
- At the burger’s bottom bun, arrange there the various ingredients in ascending order: patty, lettuce, cheese, onions, tomatoes, ketchup, mustard, pickles, and top bun. The Krabby Patty is now ready to be served.
Hope the author helped you in preparing Krabby Patty right at your doorstep. Just don’t tell Mr. Krabs that you made one. Otherwise, he might charge you large bucks for that. So, have a delicious meal, and happy cooking! 🙂